21+ High Quality eCommerce Case Studies [dansiepen.io]
A curation of the best eCommerce case studies you need to read if you’re a D2C brand. High-quality, in-depth articles.
Koala, Beardbrand, Mecca, Allbirds, Gymshark, Frank Body, Warby Parker, etc.
Understanding Mobile E-Commerce UX: 5 Overarching Issues [Baymard Institute]
Baymard Institute conducted a comprehensive, 2+ years study focused exclusively on mobile e-commerce. The article discusses 5 overarching issues of mobile UX identified during testing, in order of most-to-least severe.
These 5 issues are foundational to understanding the mobile user experience, particularly regarding how it differs from desktop, and highlight the unique challenges mobile users face when shopping online:
- A Lack of Page Overview
- A Sense of Disorientation
- Tech Issues and Quirks
- Inadvertent or Unregistered Taps or Selections
- External Interruptions
If you’re selling anything online, it’s a must-read.
The Growth Marketing Handbook [Julian Shapiro]
This handbook explains how to acquire customers for your site or app then get them to purchase.
This guide is widely recommended within Silicon Valley because it teaches growth to a professional level. It doesn’t waste time with self-evident fluff.
Julian has run thousands of experiments for Microsoft, Imperfect Produce, Perfect Keto, Webflow, Tovala, Clearbit, and many others. He knows what he’s doing.
There are many parts of the guide, all well worth a read: Strategy, Website Pages, A/B Testing, User Onboarding, Acq. Channels, Making Ads, Running Ads, B2B Sales, Content.
Core Web Vitals report: 28 Ways to supercharge your site [Search Engine Watch]
In preparation for the upcoming Google Core Web Vitals update, James Parsons shares some effective optimization tips to help you earn a passing grade on Google PageSpeed Insights.
- Google plans to roll out the new Core Web Vitals update in early 2021.
- The overall size, dimensions, load order, and format of your images will drastically affect your PageSpeed score.
- Loading critical CSS and JS inline can improve the perceived load time of your site.
- Above-the-fold videos and large background images can be particularly damaging to your Largest Contentful Paint time.
- A server upgrade and a CDN can improve your server response time and your contentful paint score.
In this Lightning Talk, John Mueller goes over 12 SEO recommendations for Google Images such as:
✍️ Alt text for images
⭐️ Relevant structured data
🔎 Large image previews
Until next Thursday!
PS. So few businesses optimize their images (both for performance and for SEO) that it makes it an easy competitive advantage to take advantage of.